Followers

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Architextures

I have had several questions about the ledger fabric in my last post...
the fabric is called Architextures by Robert Kaufman...
A great text fabric!


I have added a couple of borders to my quilt....
again, the pattern is from the new book by Sarah Fielke...the book is called Hand Quilted With Love and the pattern is Made to Measure...


several of the borders contain delightful corner blocks...

  
added to some fun pieced border strips...

 
I am loving working on this quilt...makes me want to stay up late and piece...

I also have a special one in the hoop....a little hand quilting with perle cotton {of course}

 
happy thursday!
mary

13 comments:

  1. Everything on your blog today is beautiful (again) and looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I wish I could buy that fabric and that book today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your version of made to measure!! And those beautiful solids brought to life with your quilting!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy thursday after seeing this Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are back into the swing of things! And it makes me happy to see your wonderful sewing again( two days in a row!) Your colours and fabrics are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As usual, I am in love...loved at Sarah's new book and just fell in love...
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what a tease of a snippet of that quilt! can't wait to see the whole thing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely! I am also in love with Architextures and have used it multiple times with different kinds of settings--it is really versatile.

    Your piecing and quilting are beautiful, and inspire me to get off the computer and get going!

    Elizabeth E.
    opquilt.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. this quilt is looking great and beautifully made. Trying to make me spend more money but think I will resist the book this time, have spent too much recently!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's lovely, I must get some perle cotton, not that I'd know what to do with it if I got some! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE this! What is that red, gingham looking fabric that you used for your boarder? LOVE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That hand quilting on the solids is just amazing. *sigh* solids make me so happy, especially with perle cotton.

    ReplyDelete