Followers

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Oakshott

A couple of weeks ago I received a generous bundle of Oakshott fabrics.
I have read many wonderful reviews of Oakshott so when Lynn of Lilys Quilts offered to let me experience Oakshott...I didn't hesitate!
 
 
Oakshott produces fine hand woven fabrics that are a quality equal to none.  They are luscious fabrics of vibrant, rich color.
 
 
This fabric has an iridescent quality which gives the color such depth. 
I am eager to give it a try with a bit of applique. I did have a chance to try some very small piecing...
 
 
 Oakshott and Company is a U.K. based company...fortunately they have an online shopping feature and do ship internationally!       
 
 
visit their page!
 
Happy Thursday
mary

8 comments:

  1. Wow those are pretty--such nice rich colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh Mary is this your dark side?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Lynne - recruiting again! It is lovely though

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you see how green with envy I am? Your little blocks glow! What size are they? 6"?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's lovely stuff! Please let me know how it does when you wash it...it looks to me like it may pill a lot, so I am curious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look so lovely, I think I need to try them soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your blocks in those colours!! I keep reading about Oakshott cottons and they do look wonderful but they are quite expensive especially with shipping to Australia.

    ReplyDelete